Tuesday, 19th November 1940

My dear Mother and Father,

Once again a few lines to let you know that all is well and that I am in the best of health.  The only trouble so far has been toothache, but I went to a dentist last week and had the tooth extracted so I am now alright.

Up to now I have not heard a thing from you since I was home last Whit; however some of my friends here have lately received letters from home, so I am hoping now that there [are] plenty for me on the way and that I will soon be receiving them.  It will certainly be a red letter day for me when they do arrive.

My hobby here is learning German and believe me I am becoming very efficient, you can rest assured I am not wasting my time here, and incidentally I find the time to pass very quickly.  Bert Duffy is about somewhere though I've not seen him yet, also plenty of chaps from our district are here so I have plenty of friends.

I don't know how long it will take for this letter to reach home so I had better include Xmas greetings, give my regards to all friends and relations, love to Dorothy and Bill, and now don't forget no worrying.  Goodbye until I write again.  

Your loving son Arthur.


http://www.onwar.com/chrono/1940/nov40/f19nov40.htm

Greeks advancing in Albania
In the Balkans... The Greeks claim to have driven the Italians back behind the Kalamas River. There is heavy fighting near Koritsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment