Sunday, 16th May 1943

My dear Mother & Father,
What else can I write about other than my health & the weather.  I don't know, however I will do my best to fill up this letter.

Both parcels and letters from England are few and far between nowadays, I myself have had no letters for, I think, 10 or 12 days.  Of course we all know that you have been asked not to write more than once per week and that accounts for this present gap.  I am confident that you are all in the best of health & spirits - the church bells should be ringing in England today. 

Burt & I are both "in the pink" and in company of forty thousand others, are about to enter our fourth year of captivity, I wonder whether we will complete it?

I see the show in which Uncle Anton was engaged had it's final performance last Thursday to a record house- I would have given a lot to have been there last night.  Did you know that Mr Alexander belonged to the same firm as I?

We are beginning to feel the heat of the sun - today however is cloudy.  Looking back last winter was not winter at all compared with those of 40/41 & 41/42.

Well you have no need whatsoever to worry about Burt & I, I think we can both gain the scales at a good 12 stone & we are content. 
Please give my love to Dot and regards to relations etc.

All my love,

Arthur.

The Amazon Kindle version of Sojourn in Silesia by Arthur Evans CBE will be free for the very last time between 11th and 13th May on Amazon. It won't be given away free again, so don't miss out!

Sojourn in Silesia has 5* reviews on Amazon and is also available in paperba
ck. It was first published in 1995 and the 4th edition was published in July 2011 with some added extras at the front of the book.

The book will be free on all Amazon websites, UK, US, France, Germany, Italy and Spain. Here are the UK and US links below:


UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sojourn-Silesia-1940-1945-ebook/dp/B0058KTHL0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334590095&sr=8-1

US: http://www.amazon.com/Sojourn-Silesia-1940-1945-ebook/dp/B0058KTHL0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1334590545&sr=8-2

No comments:

Post a Comment